Hello everyone. Welcome to my blog! My name is Chloe’ Branch. I am junior and my major is Political Science with a concentration in public service and public policy, and a minor in Legal Studies. This blog will explore media coverage of race in America. Check out my blog and feel free to leave comments and questions.
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Introduction
During this semester, I hope to explore how the media covers race in America. The media can influence their audience and it is essential to make sure the whole story is being told. If the total story is not told the audience’s thoughts and views may be skewed. The media’s search for the whole story, or the lack thereof, is not conducive to producing an informed public. Also, the media has the power to manipulate and share stories to have a certain rhetoric. This blog will evaluate how the media creates certain rhetoric when reporting on different races, and racial issues. This will show how race influences how a story is presented to the public
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your introduction to the theme of our blog is something that I've thought about for a long time, and considered writing about it myself. It does, however, sort of relate to the theme of my blog. While I may not be writing about race in the US media specifically, but I do believe that the audience that the media caters to directly effects the stories that are given the most attention, as well as the manner in which they are covered, be it racial or otherwise. So my theme of how the media covers political issues according to its audience may run parallel to yours sometimes throughout the semester.
ReplyDelete